These are current and past software development projects that I have worked on.
I am a current and past committer on several modeling technology projects at Eclipse.
Current committer positions:
- EMF Connected Data Objects (CDO), a real-time transactional collaboration platform for model-based applications. My main areas of responsibility are the Dawn component for integration of graphical editors generated by GMF with CDO and the "legacy mode" that supports the GMF Notation model in Dawn and other third-party generated EMF models.
- Papyrus, a full-featured UML modeling workbench for software developers, architects, and systems analysts. My main area of responsibility is support for management and editing of Papyrus models in CDO repositories.
- UML2, an EMF-based implementation of the Unified Modeling Language (UML) metamodel, including full support for Profiles, both dynamic and statically generated with Java APIs.
Past committer positions:
Papyrus for Industry
I am currently involved, via Committerati, in a long-term project elaborating and hardening the Eclipse Papyrus UML modeling workbech for real industrial use. This started with integration of the CDO Model Repository into Papyrus as a storage provider for models of all sorts. The Kepler release saw implementation of the basic use cases:
- Model Repositories view for browsing, creating, and opening models
- Transaction locks and conflict presentation and resolution in diagrams and the Model Explorer
- Model validation
and some more advanced use cases such as storage of Properties view customization models in the repository.
The Luna release saw largely performance and usuability improvements and enhancements to working with UML Profiles, especially in repairing broken stereotype applications. The Mars released focused on new features in the diagram editors:
- Modeling assistants, including generation of assistants for UML profiles
- automatic synchronization of diagram views with the semantic model
- model-to-model and diagram-to-diagram synchronization, esp. in support of UML Real-Time modeling of state machines for capsules
See my blog for more information about all of this work.