Come downtown to Christ Church Cathedral Ottawa for an Eucharist service featuring me as Cantor. On offer is a variety of Canadian, American, French, and British music for solo voice from the 20th Century. Some of this music is fairly old now, but it still feels very modern and funky. This stuff is the coolest of the cool. Not to be missed!
Featured works are:
- Setting of the Mass: "Missa in Simplicitate" (excerpts) — Jean Langlais (1952)
- Introit: "Rise Up, My Love" — Chris Gill (2000)
- Gradual: Ps. 27 "The Lord is my Light and My Salvation" — Lorne Betts (1985)
- Motet: "Alleluia" — Ned Rorem (1946)
- 619 Fairest Lord Jesus — Crusaders' Hymn
- 515 Thou Art the Way: to Thee Alone — St. James
- 438 O Jesus, I Have Promised — Wolvercote
- 319 Come, Let Us Join Our Cheerful Songs — Nativity
Presented with solemnity and enthusiasm by me with Teresa van den Boogaard on the organ. This is all really great music. And Christ Church is a very warm and welcoming community in which to make your worship. I look forward to seeing you there!